5 Tips To Prevent Mold In Your House
1. You need to dry wet materials quickly.
Mold will start to grow in two days, under the right conditions. If you leave a wet towel or other item lying around your house, you are inviting mold growth. If you leave your laundry in the washer for too long, it will start to mold. That is the source of the smell that it gives off.
2. You need to clean, disinfect, and dry surfaces in your home.
Surfaces in your home like sinks or floors are a breeding ground for mold. This is even more the case if they are left wet. You need to disinfect them from time to time. A good way of disinfecting these surfaces is to use a vapor steam cleaner on them. When you finish cleaning them, make sure that no moisture is left.
3. Run an exhaust fan during and after showers.
An exhaust fan will help minimize the moisture level in the bathroom.
4. Fix any plumbing leaks and seepage.
5. Store clothing and other occasional use items dry and clean.
This will prevent mold growth.