Making The Best of Mold Damage

If there is significant water damage to a home, mold can become an issue in as little as two days. Mold can cause health problems and do damage to a home. When mold is growing in a home, children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems need to get out of there. If there is a strong musty odor, is a good sign that there is mold hiding behind drywall or under carpeting. To help control the mold, people should stay out of affected areas, turn off the HVAC system and fans, and contact a professional that will properly get rid of the mold. They should also not disturb or touch the mold, blow air where the mold is growing, try to dry the area by themselves, and should not spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold. There are other tips and techniques to follow and use to control mold.

When a home has mold damage, there are certain tips and techniques to follow and use. One thing that needs to be done to help control mold is to fix plumbing leaks and other water problems as soon as possible. Then completely dry all items. Then scrub mold off of all hard surfaces with detergent and water and make sure that they are dry all the way. Absorbent and porous materials like ceiling tiles and carpet have to be disposed of if they are moldy. The reason for this is the mold can grow in small spaces and it can be very hard or impossible to get rid of all the mold that is in them. Also, moldy surfaces should not be painted or caulked since it will peel right off. Any items that a person is not sure of how to clean or if the item is expensive or of sentimental value should be looked at by a specialist.

Call Now Button