Mold Pays A Big Role In Water Damage Restoration
Mold is the major issue when it comes to restoring your home from water damage. Mold can grow anywhere where moisture is present. It can grow in drywall, ceiling tiles, ductwork, etc.
Mold is invasive. It only becomes worse the longer that it is left untreated. Mold is not the kind of problem that you can treat by yourself. It is a health hazard that needs to be handled by a team of professionals. Potential health effects and symptoms from mold exposure include allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
The only way that you can prevent mold is to prevent moisture from building up in your home. In humid climates, this can be a challenge. As mentioned earlier, the use of dehumidifiers can definitely help to resolve the problem. You should also vent bathrooms, dryers and other moisture producing sources to the outside.
In areas where there is a continual moisture problem, you should not install carpeting.
If you do try to clean up some of the mold by yourself in your home, you must take serious precautions to not come into direct contact with it. You need to wear protective clothing.