Removing Mold In Your Home Or Business
Almost every home gets mold infestations. What you need to do is to stop it before it becomes an unmanageable problem. Minor mold can be removed with household cleaning products. A major infestation requires professional attention.
The first step that you need to take is to identify the mold. Mildew is the most visible type of mold. It looks like dirt. Mildew is a surface type of mold that probably won’t harm your home’s structure. Other kinds of mold can rot the structure.
The cleanup process is composed of the following steps:
1. Repair the water problem. – You need to halt the cause of the moisture from spreading.
2. Isolate the contaminated area. – You need to close all of the doors and windows between the contaminated area and the other areas of the house. The area must be sealed off so as to prevent contamination.
3. Suppress the dust. – This is achieved by misting the contaminated areas.
4. Remove affected materials. – This requires removal of all wet and mold-damaged porous materials.
5. Put the materials in plastic bags.
6. Clean all of the affected areas. This can require special tools like wire brushes.